Instead, let us all try to forget that it's Monday. Get your coffee IV drips in place and handle your business. (Bonus points if you can do so without wearing pants.) But DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT forget to go vote tomorrow if you haven't already.
I've purposefully avoided pushing my political preferences here or via social media. My great-grandmother always told me to never talk politics or religion. She was a wise woman and her advice has been sage.
I know a lot of us are torn on this one. It's like choosing between a root canal and a colonoscopy. With that said, pick your poison and just get it done. Why? Lemme tell you.
- It is your right. Use it or lose it.
- Your vote will cancel someone else's out. (The snarky bitch inside me loves that part.)
- It's free, painless, and contains no carbs or calories.
- It sets a good example for our children.
- It entitles you to bitch and moan after if things don't go your way.
- You feel a great sense of pride and power. Even if only for a moment.
- You can reward yourself after. With a glass or five of wine, a new pair of shoes, a big, greasy cheeseburger. Whatever you want. I said so.
Did you vote early? Are you going to vote? Leave me a comment and let's talk about it.